About Kenyan Network Operator
The client is a national mobile network operator serving consumers, small, medium and corporate business customers as well as providing communications services for Government. They operate a GSM network with 2,3 and 4G capabilities as well as an extremely popular mobile money service. The client also own and operate the countries infrastructure for providing internet services.
The Business Challenge
The client were keen to explore the benefits of delivering a mobile wholesale strategy to expand revenues and increase return on investment of network assets. The team had already developed a plan but were keen to gain additional experienced input into their strategy, their commercial models and gain insight on best practice on how to set up their organisation for success.
Graystone Strategy were recommended to the client and successfully won the competitive process to support them with this exciting project.
Graystone Strategy deployed two extremely experienced consultants to Kenya to support the client in the following areas:
- Delivering 4 - days of workshops and training on the MVNO market including case studies on commercial models, technical set up, important capabilities required, the appropriate team and resources and how to partner for success
- Reviewing and inputting into the clients wholesale strategy
- Providing guidance on commercial models ad contracts and drafting key schedules and clauses for the commercial contracts
- Reviewing and assisting with building the overall business case
- Reviewing and supporting technical teams with the delivery planning for a full MVNO
- Providing a detailed paper for the board highlighting any areas of risk, presenting detailed financial analysis and suggesting key actions in the short, medium and long term
The workshops were extremely successful in driving discussion and debate. Overall around 15 members of the clients team attended the relevant sessions for their areas and through workshopping real challenges that the teams were facing we were able to give practical solutions for them to follow.
Quote: The Graystone Team gave us high quality advice particularly around areas in the commercial contract. They identified areas of risk and opportunity for us and delivered an extremely comprehensive report with clear actions for us to take.” Managing Director of Carrier Services.