About Sovereign Global
Sovereign Global is a fast growing, multinational, European based Group acting as the first European programme integrator and trusted partner to African countries, supporting them in professionalising, projecting and maintaining their sovereignty by Land, Sea and Air.
It has developed and deploys a unique expertise of African government, police and military cooperation to enhance Nation States’ autonomy in three different fields of activities:
- Participation to United Nations and African Union peacekeeping operations through full African unit training and equipment for blue helmet missions
- Support to counter-piracy operations and protection of African countries’ maritime domain through assistance to counter-piracy and providing shipping assets and training for maritime patrol
- Training of government forces and private individuals through fast growing training sessions and courses in SG Academie, training facilities in southern France which are unique in Europe.
The Business Challenge
Sovereign Global had acquired a significant asset, The SG Academie, which is a large training area incorporating a large multi scenario underground shooting and training range, a driving track for vehicle training and a Manor house for accommodation and classroom training.
The objective of the project was to review the opportunities for The Academie and develop a detailed business strategy to ensure that this asset was maximised and became a major profit centre for the Group.
Graystone Strategy worked collaboratively with the team at Sovereign Global Solutions to build an end-to-end business strategy for the Academie. This included:
- Defining the overall vision and strategy for the Academie including identifying the key success measures
- Primary research to define the target markets and verticals and size the total addressable market for the Academie by vertical.
- SWOT, PEST and competitor analysis to identify opportunities and risks
- Developing a clear proposition for each target vertical
- Defining the marketing tactics to deliver against the strategy
- Developing the business case and balanced score card of KPIs
The deadline for the work was short and the strategy was developed, documents and presented to the board within a month.
The board accepted the proposals and recommendations within the strategy and this has become the basis for the business plan for The SG Academie.
Jordan Wylie Operations Director at Sovereign Global Solutions commented “ I was really impressed by how quickly Graystone Strategy were able to develop the strategy for the Academie. They ran workshops with the leadership team here and engaged in research to understand customer demand in a number of potential markets. They used a number of useful tools to help focus our thinking and produced a really detailed report and pack of recommendations for the board. I would have no hesitation in calling in Graystone Strategy to support us on any other projects.”