About Apple Premium Re-seller
The UK's largest Apple Premium Reseller (APR) selling the full range of Apple products from iPhones to iMacs in 23 stores across the UK.
This Apple Premium Resellers stores also sell a range of other products including connected home devices, smart speakers and accessories.
The stores offer technical support and repair services through an extensive and accredited Apple repair workshops.
The Business Challenge
The client wanted to explore new areas of business and ways they could leverage the existing customer footfall, to drive additional revenue and margin.
Retail is an extremely fast paced business and the clients team could not afford their leadership to take their eye off the core retail business, so they engaged Graystone Strategy to undertake a feasibility study and develop business case options for a new growth area.
Graystone Strategy deployed an end to end project team to manage all elements of the feasibility project. This included experts in commercial, marketing, technology, financial accounting and project management.
The team were required to review the potential opportunity and provide the following inputs into a detailed board options paper:
- Details of the market opportunity and the elements of the market that could be addressed. This included deploying Graystone Strategy’s Market Segmentation Model to understand the customer opportunity.
- Based upon the market analysis and segmentation, develop the customer proposition that could be sold in the clients and online channels.
- Review and understand the technology implications in terms of impact upon existing client platforms and any new capabilities that would be required.
- Engage with vendors to gain pricing to input into the commercial model and end to end business and investment case.
- Build the detailed business case and investment plan including all costs related to technology, acquisition, customer support and operational costs.
- Build and cost out a detailed project plan for delivery.
- Present all the above to the board for review and decision.
The work was undertaken over a period of 60 days and presented to the board for review and consideration. The board were impressed with the level of detail and quality of the business case and it enabled them to review and prioritise whether the opportunity delivered the return on investment required.
Ultimately, the board did not decide to proceed on the opportunity immediately. However, Graystone Strategy have been re-engaged periodically to support on other related projects.
“James and the team were brilliant and a pleasure to work with. We have asked for their support on a number of additional occasions. They always provide excellent insight and advice.” Managing Director Apple Premium Reseller.